Your pregnancy is a special time in life. You are preparing to bring new life into the world and a wonderful addition to your family! You will likely ant to document this time with pictures that you can cherish forever. It’s obvious that you want these photos to be perfect because it’s one of the most special moments that you will experience. Often mothers choose to set up maternity photo shoots to capture the moments professionally. Here are 5 ways that you can prepare for your maternity photography session.
1. First, you will need to prepare by researching and choosing a professional photographer in your area. Be sure to get references from other friends or family members who have had successful photo sessions. You can also search for reviews and suggestions online. Once you find a few photographers, check out their work. Most photographers will have an online portfolios with samples of their past work for you to look over. Finding the right photographer will make your experience that much better! Once you find a photographer with a style that you prefer, you will be ready to schedule a session to meet!
2. Schedule your photo session appointment as early as possible. Often photographers are booked solid in advance. Make sure to schedule early so that you can get the photos taken while your baby is still on board! If you wait too long, you may give birth before you’re able to get an appointment, which seriously defeats the purpose! Being on top of scheduling your session with a photographer will prevent any extra stress! This is something you don’t want to leave to last minute. Determine when you think you want to have the photos taken, such as during which trimester.
3. Plan what you will wear. Go shopping at a fashionable maternity clothing shop where you can find something that is comfortable and beautiful while also being appropriate for your body and tailored accordingly. Don’t wear anything too flamboyant. You want to create a soft and complimenting look for yourself. Often loose tops are ideal and flowing, long edges of your tops are ideal. You should find bottoms that have give around the waist and belly area to ensure there is room for your cute baby bump!
4. Once you know what you will wear, you should plan your spouse’s outfit as well. Be sure to coordinate colors and patterns, but try to avoid being too “matchy matchy”.Both you and your spouse’s outfit should compliment one another. For example, try wearing similar color schemes. Sticking to neutral colors are always the best!
5. Consider which poses you will want for your shoot. If there are a few poses you are really insistent on having, that’s great! However, be sure not to micromanage your photographer or tell him or her exactly what to do. This can stifle his or her professional and personal creativity of style. When you hire someone, you should trust their judgment and their eye for great shots!
Preparing for your maternity photos and the shoot is an exciting process! Be sure to pick a photographer such as Diego Molina Photography who’s style and vision matches your own, get reviews and recommendations, plan your outfit by shopping at a maternity store, coordinate with your spouse or significant other, and consider poses without being overly demanding or in control of the shoot. Keeping these tips in mind will help to ensure the process runs smoothly and that you come away from the experience with fantastic photos that you will love and cherish for many years to come.